The Policy of the Company is to establish a proactive approach to environmental management, including identification of sources of marine and atmospheric pollution and reduction of potential impacts at the environment.
• Zero tolerance to water pollution from Oil
• Zero tolerance to water pollution from Garbage
• Zero tolerance to water pollution from micro-organisms that may disrupt the native ecology of visited ports, from negligent and improper management of ballast water
• Compliance with MARPOL VI for Air Emissions Management
In order to achieve the objectives, the Company:
• Ensures the Master and designated Environmental Protection Officer are given the necessary support to effectively perform their duties
• Systematically identify hazards and measures to eliminate or reduce risks to the lowest practicable level
• Establish safeguards against all identified environmental risks
• Establish contingency plans for the mitigation of environmental incidents
• Continuously improve pollution prevention management skills of personnel ashore and aboard ships, including preparing for emergencies
• Promote a no-blame culture and motivate staff to ensure that they understand and embrace the requirements of the ship management system
• Environmental Policy is available to the public and interested parties through its web site and intranet.
• Compliance with applicable legal requirements, mandatory rules & regulations and other requirements to which the Company subscribes
• The policy is understood, implemented and maintained at all levels in the organization, while ultimate responsibility remains with the management
• The organization efforts aim at preventing errors, hazardous situations and incidents. Should this occur, every employee ashore and onboard is required to participate in determining and eliminating the possible causes, in order to prevent recurrence in the future
• Contingency Plans and provisions for regularly exercising them are established, so that shore-based and shipboard organization can respond effectively at any time to hazards, accidents and emergencies involving the ship.
• Reviewing the available information against stated policies and objectives through Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Evaluating audit results
• Analyzing available records of corrective and preventive actions, and management reviews
• Identifying emerging requirements for environmental protection by Classification Societies, Technical Committees, Intercargo, Greek Shipping
Co-operation Committee that are subscribers and complying with relevant applicable legal requirements and industry guides and guidelines of practice as minimum level of performance.
• Playing a leading role in promoting best practice in our industries
• Ensuring that purchase and supply activities shall continue to be more environmentally protective
• Being transparent in the public reporting of the GO Marine Ports Management performance against the oil/marine industry
• That above policy is communicated, understood, implemented and maintained within this Company and by persons working on its behalf which could include contractors, temporary staff, etc.
• Every employee, supervisor, manager and director comply strictly with the policy, standards, procedures, instructions issued and always perform their duties within the quality frame, with special attention to safe and healthy condition and with proper concern for protecting the environment
• A Risk Management Approach designed to identify potential hazards and exposures, management of operational risks, including those related to health & hygiene, is engaged. The validity of Risk Assessments and their application across the fleet is periodically reviewed and updated
• Regular on-board inspections to monitor the Company standards being maintained within the fleet are carried out and recommendations to top management based on the findings of those inspections are made
• Proactive campaigns on health & safety preservation and protection matters are established.
• Pollution Risks are identified and communicated to shipboard personnel
• Appropriate training in the use of equipment and systems is ensured
• Continuous Training in the use of Pollution Prevention Plans is maintained
• Pollution Prevention Plans are maintained all times
• Drills & exercises program is established
• Inspections are carried out at scheduled intervals by shore staff and ship’s officers
• Significant Deficiencies and Defects that cannot be rectified by ship’s staff are immediately reported to shore-based management
• Compliance with company environmental protection procedure & Instructions is periodically verified.